I'm marginally addicted to Twitter, but there are some scary people on there. In the interest of public safety, here's my personal list of the kind of people never to follow, or be followed by, on Twitter.
I’ve tweeted one or two of these, so apologies if a couple are familiar. I’m pretty sure it will lose me a few followers, too. Hey ho.
- Anyone with ‘killer’ in their user name, or murderous background pictures. Self-explanatory.
- Anyone who takes an unnatural interest in the health of my love life. Get your own.
- Anyone who says they’re passionate about life. You’re going to be way too happy for my liking.
- Anyone who has more than one exclamation mark in their Twitter biog. See above.
- Anyone who auto-DMs the message “I can help you make money online!!” (and see 4, above.)
- Anyone who claims to have psychic powers.
- Anyone who only tweets quotes from dead people.
- Anyone who wants to ‘initiate you in the ways of Christ’. Or any other religious figure. Trust me, you’d have your job cut out.
- Obvious spammers (10,000 following, 2 followers, 1 update).
- Anyone who claims to be ‘a really cool / crazy guy’.
Anything I’ve missed?